The President Kennedy Teaching School Alliance is an alliance of partner schools from across Coventry, Warwickshire, Birmingham and Leicestershire. Our vision and strategic intent is the provision of high quality Continuing Professional and Leadership Development, School to School Support and Initial Teacher Training that secures outstanding outcomes for all students within the alliance and beyond.
President Kennedy Teaching School Alliance seeks to:
- Focus our work to reflect national educational priorities and affect the needs and strengths of our partner schools and others seeking support.
- Develop a strong network of collaboration across our schools, providing personal and professional support for young people and adults alike.
- Provide a training forum for future teachers and existing professional development of our alliance members and wider, so they can meet the evolving needs of learners and become leaders of the future.
- Provide a forward thinking forum for educational thinking and development that also inspires others to do their very best.
- Oversee and coordinate funding bids and educational outcomes within PKTSA and beyond.
We see this being achieved by:
- Each partner contributing to the agreed activity of the alliance.
- Planning collaboratively to meet agreed needs.
- Raising standards in teaching, learning and leadership.
- Coordinating access to the wider professional development.
- Contributing to cohesion in the community.
- Leading proactively and facilitating decisions in management of change.
- Providing timely responses to external initiatives and published research.
- Sustaining links with relevant HEI institutions for further support.
- Strategically deploying System Leaders and Lead Practitioners.
- Ensuring a supply of system leaders (SLEs, LLEs, NLEs, NLGS) for all aspects of school and development work.
President Kennedy Teaching School Alliance Partner Schools 2018-19
The following schools will work collaboratively within PKTSA in the academic year 2018-19:
Aylesford School, Warwick; Barr's Hill School, Coventry; Coten End Primary School, Warwick; Hinckley Academy & John Cleveland Sixth Form, Hinckley; Keresley Grange Primary School, Coventry; Keresley Newland Primary School, Coventry; King's High School, Warwick; Myton School, Warwick; North Leamington School, Leamington Spa; Parkgate Primary School, Coventry; Turves Green Boys' School, Birmingham; Warwick School, Warwick.